Wednesday, December 23, 2009

1 day before christmas

I always have this dream to help people around me. Doing a social work, voluntary job or even just a simple donation. However, I really really don’t know where to start. Yesterday I finally act on that dream. Me and A went to Pak n Save, we bought a few stuffs to donate to City Mission. I think we spent just over $70ish. What we donated might not mean a lot, remembering they have to prepare Christmas lunch for approx 2300 people and every single day, they have to give food to hundreds of people. But I think, it means something, as long as those foods go to someone’s stomach and can cure their hunger.

So how do I feel? Well, let just say I didn’t feel as good as I thought I would be. When I paid for those stuffs, the selfish side of me feel like screaming ‘NO’. I could get 3 or 4 clothes with that money. However, I managed to pay it and gave it to the right person. I thought it was going to be easy, especially since I’m dreaming to do for aagggeesss.. But at the end of the day, I feel happy and proud of myself. I can ignore my selfish side and knowing that my money is worth a lot more because it can give ‘life’ to some people (people need food to live don’t they) compare if I just spend it for clothes etc. I have more than enough clothes anyway.

Blessed to bless, afterall it’s easier said than done. But I believe, yesterday was just a beginning of many more to come. I just have to get used to it.

For now, Merry Christmas everyone =)

No comments: